I love all things interior. If I could, I would make it a hobby to re-decorate our apartment bi-annually. Unfortunately, that is not happening. Mostly because Mike would probably kill me, as would my bank account. While I would love to provide you with new interior updates on a more regular basis, the problem is simple: our apartment is fully furnished. And a new vase is not really content enough for a blogpost…
Last night, however, I realized that there is one “room” that I have never talked about on the blog. La Toilette. In Vienna, it is very common to have the toilet separated from the bathroom. Brilliant, if you ask me.
Quite frankly, the space is barely 2 sqm and doesn’t really justify any “decorating”, but over the past 5 years, I managed to turn it into a tiny room that I happen love very much.
- black marble side table: Last year, when I ordered our new coffee table (also black marble), I spotted the baby-sister-version. There was no way of fitting both the tables in our living room, but I know that one day I will have a huge open living area that will require a whole lot more furniture than our current apartment (or at least that’s what all my Pinterest dreams are telling me). Better safe than sorry, I thought, so I went ahead and ordered the smaller version as well. Without telling Mike, of course. Once it arrived, I was in desperate need of a place to put it, so the toilet had to do. It was intended as a temporary solution but I love how it actually makes it a “room”.
- The mirror: While I love a hanging mirror as a decorative item, I am so happy about that fact that we have a built in mirror that was made to measure the entire length of the wall and fit under the slanted roof. With lighting both above the toilet and in the mirror, the room seems so much lighter and more spacious than it really is.
- magazine rack: I scored this vintage magazine rack on Etsy last summer and had it in the living room first. With our open kitchen, dining & living area, I felt like it really didn’t get the attention it deserved as just one of many things filling the room, so I decided to move it to the restroom. Even though I am not the “sit on the toilet and read my Vogue” type, I do find the restroom to be a fitting place to have some of our favorite magazines on display, no?
- candles: it doesn’t really matter which room of our apartment you step into, there will always be scented candles. I have them on the living room, the nightstand, on the terrace and of course in the bathroom. My newest addition the Byredo “bibliotheque” (remember my birthday wishlist?) which smells of peach, plum, vanilla, musk and all that good stuff.
- pomegranate noir: I like to think of “pomegranate noir” by Jo Malone as “our” scent. For many, many years – I think 6 or 7 – the room diffuser has been a fixture in our entryway. I personally can’t even smell it anymore (unfortunately), but when we have people over, we always get compliments for the scent. To stick with our CI, the soap and room spray in the restroom have now also been upgraded to Jo Malone. Love it!
- fresh flowers: Last but not least, a few blooms never hurt. Even though I buy fresh flowers for the apartment every week, I don’t specifically buy them for the restroom. Last week, however, I got these from a friend and absolute loved the way the colors worked with the book & shell (a souvenir from travels).
- le jour se léve: I was recently gifted the newest scent created by maison Louis Vuitton & not only do I love the scent itself (mandarin, jasmine, cassis, incense, & musk notes) but how effortless beautiful is the bottle? Definitely too pretty to hide in our bathroom shelf, so it got a bit more spotlight as part of our restroom decor. (*available March 15th)
Don’t forget to wash your hands…
Wow, das sieht so schön aus! Dein Stil ist richtig richtig schön, genauso würde ich mir meine Toilette oder Badezimmer genauso einrichten! <3
Liebe Grüße, Sandra
Wundervolle Eindrücke, ich liebe es auch zu dekorieren und kann es kaum erwarten, bis mein neues Arbeitszimmer fertig ist. Duftkerzen sind bei der Einrichtung für mich auch immer ein Muss!
Liebe Grüße ♡Kristina
Tolle Details und super schön und süß eingerichtet lieb Vcky!
Wünsche dir einen guten Start in die neue Woche!
http://www.cestlevi.blog | Follow me on Instagram
schaut wirklich toll aus! Ich liebe deine Intertiorposts, da es immer eine tolle Inspiration ist! Ein Beitrag über euren Eingangsbereich und Vorraum würde mich auch sehr interwssieren und ein paar Dekotipps wären hierfür auch nicht schlecht!