On Wednesday, Mike are heading South to Lake Worth for a 6-day detox retreat at Vivamayr. Currently, I am not sure whether to be really excited or really scared. I guess it is a bit of both. The first 3 days are supposed to be pure hell when the detox symptoms kick in. By now, I have more or less read every single article I could find online about Vivamayr and they all seem to state the same thing: severe headaches, nausea (some even threw up), fatigue,… you get the point. After that, however, it’ll be all uphill – hopefully.
I already started preparing my body for the detox and quit all caffeine intake as of yesterday. No fun, trust me! But I figured by slowly taking certain things out of my diet/routine, I’ll have an easier time come Wednesday.
Either way, this is not your typical vacation and the contents of my suitcase will mostly consist of comfortable lounge wear, lots of reading material (supposedly they don’t have wifi there either), skin care products and maybe a bikini or two incase I have enough energy to jump into the beautiful lake. That’s why today’s cravings are inspired by my Vivamayr detox preparation.
– Saint Laurent Loulou quilted leather backpack: I have been looking for a stylish, yet practical backpack for months. I am so tired of lugging around a super heavy big bag on one shoulder when travelling. The only problem up until now was, that most of the backpacks I found visually appealing did not have enough space to carry my Macbook. Last week, I spotted the Loulou backpack by Saint Laurent and when I checked the measurements and found out it had an extra 2cm to hold my 13″ laptop, I hit order before sanity had a chance to make an appearance. In other words: This one is coming with me next week!
– Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask: A while ago I got to test the Omorovicza facial at the Park Hyatt here in Vienna (loved it, but so expensive) and on the way out they treated me to a few sample products including the famous “Queen of Hungary Mist” and the “Illuminating Moisturizer“. Both have become part of my daily beauty routine and feel amazing on my skin. That’s why I would love to give this mask a try, if only the pricetag wasn’t so high…
– Moss Copenhagen sweatshirt: Love how simple this great sweatshirt is, but the zipper details on the sides make it kind of special. The perfect piece to throw on over a pair of yoga pants on the way to the gym or to wear for an evening walk along the lake.
– Hey Honey yoga pants: I have a feeling that I’ll be living in yoga pants all week, so there is no such thing as too many of those, right?
– Adidas slides: The adilette made it’s debut in 1972 as a pool slide, but has made a huge comeback in recent years and can also be seen worn on the street sometimes. Since the clinic also has a huge wellness area (which is supposed to be amazing), I am sure these will be a good pair of shoes to pack.
– Matter & Home room spray: Last but not least, I plan on packing a few “homey” items such as my favorite pillow, a scented candle and possible a room spray to make the time spent detoxing (aka in bed with a throbbing head) a bit more enjoyable. I found the name of this “space clearing” room spray particularly fitting for a detox!