The lost make-up bag
Exactly 1 week ago, I lost my entire make-up bag while traveling home to Vienna. It must have been somewhere at the hotel, various airports (Sylt and Düsseldorf) or inflight and I refused to actually consider it “lost” all week. Despite my efforts of getting it back by calling every lost & found I could think of, it is now probably safe to say that it is gone for good. In other words: Time to restock everything I loved (read: will be broke after this).
Luckily, we filmed the contents of my make-up bag as part of the Q&A video from Milan, which made it a lot easier to figure out what exactly was in the lost bag. While I would consider myself someone who prefers a very natural look, I was a tiny bit surprised of how many products I actually use on a daily basis:
- MAC Cosmetics “burgundy times nine” eye shadow palette: I used this palette to do my make-up for Kathi’s wedding this Summer and have been using it almost daily since. I feel like the colors where made for me and I love every single shade of the 9.
- Catrice “nude york city” lipstick no.20: In all honesty, I totally underestimated the brand Catrice, mainly because it is so affordable. Such an embarrassing reason, I know… but as they say “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”, I was proven wrong the second I gave this ombré-effect lipstick a try. It is my go-to lip color and I already re-ordered 2 – just to be on the safe side this time around.
- Chanel “dimensions de Chanel” mascara in black: No make-up bag is complete without a great black mascara, if you ask me. Luckily, I still have a few other mascaras flying around my bathroom, which will do for now. But nothing quite like this classic by Chanel…
- Bobbi Brown “nude finish tinted moisturizer spf15”: After running out of my Bobbi Brown skin foundation cushion compact right after Milan, I decided to give this tinted moisturizer a try. The bottle was brand new. Gone.
- Zoeva “luxe crease” brush: If there is one eyeshadow brush to use for the rest of your life – this is it.
- Bobbi Brown “blush” brush: I always used this to apply the highlighting bronzer by Victoria Beckham x Estée Lauder. I also lost another Bobbi Brown brush (the “full coverage face brush”), but was lucky to have a backup at home. Not so lucky for the blush brush though.
- Nars “radiant creamy concealer”: Unfortunately, the bag held not only one of these but two. I was about to run out of it so I packed the brand new one just in case. I hope whoever finds my make-up bag has the same skin tone and can at least make use of all of these amazing (and partly brand new) products!
- Benefit “brow kit”: When it comes to brows, Benefit is the brand to know. No matter which of their brow products I have tried so far, love them all, use them all, lost them all…
- Victoria Beckham x Estée Lauder “modern mercury” highlighting bronzer: If I had to name one product that I am saddest about losing, this is it. Not only because it is the priciest, but also because it is literally one of the most beautiful bronzers/highlighters I have ever owned. Plus, it lasted me almost a year and was nowhere close to being used up.