What’s in my bag: Chanel Wallet on Chain
I did it. I bought my first Chanel bag. Actually, I bought two. But that is a whole different story… And since the bigger one of the two is still in the original packaging, waiting for a special day to be worn for the first time, I will focus on purchase 1 of 2 for the time being.
The Chanel wallet on chain (WOC) in caviar leather with silver hardware:
For a long time now, the classic wallet on chain aka “WOC” by Chanel was on my radar. It was never a piece that I was necessarily saving for or desperately wanted, but I remember plenty of occasions where it “would have been the perfect bag”. Especially for going out or traveling.
When I was in Nice for a trip with Chanel mid-September, I walked into the boutique and decided to try my luck and simply asked for the wallet on a chain. No luck. Unless pink, orange or floral patterns are what you were looking for. However, the staff was super friendly and offered to double check with the Chanel boutique in Cannes for me. In all honesty, my expectations were near to none. The classic black caviar leather is super popular and I figured that the boutiques along the Cotê d’Azur would pretty much be raided by the end of Summer.
You can only imagine my surprise (and excitement) when the lady let me know that her colleague would hold the desired wallet on chain in black caviar leather until the next day. In gold and silver hardware – just in case I wanted the options.
The next day, I walked into the boutique in Cannes, tried it on, knew it was the perfect small black bag that I had been looking for and purchased it. Needless to say I have been wearing it day and night since. It is small, it is basically a wallet (as the name would suggest), but it is perfect to hold just what you need and so versatile.
I know a lot of you have been dying to find out more about the bag and I have also gotten quite a few requests to share how much and what exactly I carry in the bag with me, so here it comes my personal summary for you.
Chanel Wallet On Chain Review:
- Name: Chanel Wallet on Chain
- Material: Quilted clack caviar leather, deep red lining, silver hardware
- Dimensions: 12.19 x 19.3 x 9.65 cm (EU) | 4.8′ x 7.6′ x 1.4′ (US)
- Price: 1.865,00€
- The chain is thin and fairly long, when worn the intended way it goes down to just below my hip bone. I wrap it once to make it shorter and wear it crossbody as seen on the pictures.
- It comes with a main compartment that features 6 cardholding spots and enough room for the new iPhone 8 Plus + a lipstick and or concealer.
- Infront of the main compartment are 3 “pouches”, the middle one comes with a zimmer and it is where I store my cash. I use the inner open pouch for receipts and barely use the outter one. It also has a tiny zipper compartment on the foldover part just above the printed Chanel logo.
- What do I carry in my WOC? Several cards including my drivers license, 2 credit cards, my atm card and bonus card for my groceries. 1 lipstick, 1 concealer, cash and my phone. That’s it. And let’s be honest, that’s all we really need.
- When do I wear the WOC? Every day! I wear it to work in addition to the big bag that carries my laptop and camera, I wear it to dinner at nice restaurants (looks so elegant!), I wear it short and crossbody to bars and clubs to keep my valuables close to my body, and I wear it for traveling to have all the most important things on hand in order to not have to dig through my entire carry-on.