CRAVINGS: holiday red.
‘Tis the season to be jolly! I can’t believe it is already the 2nd of Advent, and Christmas is coming up in less than 3 weeks. Where has this year gone? (And how old do I sound writing things like that?) Either way, I am extra excited for the holidays at home this year. For the past few years, I have been very spoiled by having both my siblings live in the same city as me. We got to see each other all the time and I guess I may have taken it for granted a bit. This Summer, both of them decided to “leave me” within a month. Even though I still love living in Vienna just as much as before, I do miss having two of my all-time favorite people around. My sister is currently living in Berlin and my brother moved to Munich but somehow ended up in Australia for the next 6 months. I couldn’t be happier for them and their careers, but I do feel like a big dose of family time is in order. While I am currently counting the days until December 22nd when we’re all heading home to spend Christmas with my parents, I am keeping myself distracted with some pretty pieces in holiday red.
- Saint Laurent red suede quilted bag: At first, the thought of investing in a red bag was kind of difficult for me to wrap my head around. But the longer I looked at the bag, the more I fell for it. Now, which the holiday season in full force, I couldn’t be happier with my baby! The perfect, festive pop of red for every outfit!
- Topshop turtleneck sweater: Cozy knits are a must at the moment (we woke up to -3°C here in Vienna today), so why not brighten up these cold Winter days with a bit of color? I can imagine this turtleneck going so well with a simple pair of jeans, the Gucci heels and super sparkly earrings!
- MAC “he said she said” lipliner: This is my go-to lip pencil for red lips. The color is the perfect red (seen here) and I simply prep the lips with some lipbalm and color in the entire lip with the liner.
- Gucci heels: How fun would these be for all kinds of holiday parties and looks? I have to admit, these are currently in my basket, but I am still contemplating on getting them or not.
- Diptyque “Tubereuse” scented candle: During these colder months I basically have candles burning all the time when we spend the evenings at home on the sofa. My current favorites are “Pomander” by Diptyque and “Pomegranate Noir” by Jo Malone. However, this dark red edition of the Tubereuse is so fitting for the holidays.