HOTEL REVIEW: Falkensteiner Resort & Spa Iadera
To finish of my travel diary from Croatia, I wanted to share a detailed hotel review of our stay at the beautiful Falkensteiner Resort & Spa Iadera with you guys. Personally, I really love all of the Falkensteiner hotels that I’ve been to so far (Velden, Schladming & Stegersbach), so it was no surprise that we instantly felt very at home in Zadar as well. We had a spacious junior suite with an incredible ocean view and breakfast was also included. The resort is located about 5.5 hrs by car from Vienna and only a few kilometers away from the Croatian town of Zadar.
What I really liked:
– The breakfast buffet! Even though I am pretty boring when it comes to breakfast, it still impressed me. I never really venture away from my bircher müsli, fruit and coffee, but none-the-less, the quality is really important to me. At the resort, they even had 2 juicers at the buffet, where I made fresh carrot-apple-ginger juice every morning to complete my ideal breakfast.
– The pillow menu! Hotel bedding and pillows in 5-star places are usually pretty great anyway, but when you have an elaborate pillow menu to choose from, it makes it all the more fun. With special options like a lavender pillow or one for allergy sufferers, it really was special.
– The outdoor setting & landscaping! Located right along the coast, the outdoor area of the Falkensteiner hotel is kept beautifully. Even though the hotel itself is fairly large with 210 rooms and suites (I usually prefer smaller boutique hotels), they have managed to create a landscaping that makes you feel more secluded and allows for privacy. It never felt crowded by the pool or beach, or in any of the restaurants.
– Friendly staff! Without exception, everyone at the hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful.
– The gym! For a hotel, the Falkensteiner Iadera had one of the best equipped and spacious gyms I have seen in a long time. With plenty of cardio options, lots of machines and free weights, it had everything I need for a good workout. Also, I loved the fact that they had a little map on display with suggestions for running trails around the hotel. I tried their 7km suggestion along the beach and it was the perfect morning run. Especially when you’re new to a certain area, I think those little things really make the difference.
– The Acquapura Spa! With over 6.000 sqm of pure bliss, the hotel’s spa really is something! Four different resting rooms (with waterbeds, swings and all the good stuff) are the perfect place to relax and the treatment menu covers anything you may desire. Personally, I’ve had better massages (I am not a fan when they drown you in oil), but the spa area is stunning and definitely worth a visit!
What I think could be better:
– The room service! We came back to the hotel late at 10:30pm one night after exploring Murter Island and would have loved to end the day with a movie and room service. Unfortunately, they do not offer any “warm” meals for the room service, and only a really small menu after 10pm. Personally, I think that a 5-star hotel should at least have the classics like a club sandwich or burger on the room menu.
– The decor! While I love the idea of a maritime theme for the hotel (very fitting for the surroundings), I think they tried a little too hard. Blue and green walls, tiles and stripes were too much for my taste. Sometimes, less is more. I got to peek into a suite, which was done in off-white and beige and I absolutely loved that though. Wish they did all rooms in the same color scheme – it would have been much more instagram-worthy. On the contrary, however, all of the public areas, such as restaurant, spa and pool area were kept in very stylish white and blue. Loved that!
All in all, however, when you find yourself complaining about too many stripes and a missing club sandwich on the menu, it must have been a pretty good experience, right? I can definitely recommend the Falkensteiner Resort & Spa Iadera and would go back in a heart beat. The perfect place to relax for a few days and enjoy beautiful Croatia!
*a big Thank You to Falkensteiner Hotels for hosting us – it was amazing & we’ll be back for sure!
Tolle Bilder, da bekommt einfach Lust darauf, gleich die Koffer zu packen und in den Urlaub zu fahren!
ich würd am liebsten sofort ins auto steigen und da hin fahren … vor allem bei den temperaturen heute im office 🙂
I’ve never been to a Falkensteiner hotel so far but looking at your photos definitely make me want to book a trip asap.
I also think that a 5 star hotel should have some simple things on the menu all around the clock. I’ve made the experience at one 5star hotel where they had no food at all after 10pm and,even worse, the mini bar could only be opened by the receptionist.
Hört sich nach einem tollen Erlebnis an und die Bilder sprechen auf jeden Fall für sich!
das sieht ja wirklich traumhaft! das Falkensteiner steht auch auf meiner shortlist für den kroatienurlaub, deine Bilder machten definitiv lust auf mehr! 😉
Das Hotel sieht wunderschön aus,
da wäre ich jetzt auch unglaublich gerne 🙂
Liebste Grüße ♥ MS
Sparkle & Sand
We are thinking about booking a trip there, and we just read your post!
How about the sea? Where there a Beach accessible from the hotel? or we need to take a short drive around?
Thanks for the great tips!
The hotel actually has it’s own beach directly accessible from the grounds and with beach chairs for the guests. However, a “beach” in Croatia usually doesn’t include any sand 😉
Oh that sounds amazing and the hotel pictures look incredible. Zadar is such a wonderful place, as is the rest of Croatia.
Even though I have never been to a Falkensteiner resort before I can totally see myself enjoying some time at the pool like you did.
Interessanter Review und das Hotel sieht einfach traumhaft aus! 🙂
wow wundervolle Fotos
Posts online about Vienna, Dubai, Tahiti…
Tolle Bilder! Du siehst toll aus!
Auf ColourClub läuft zur Zeit ein Gewinnspiel: zwei Paar Sonnenbrillen sind zu gewinnen!
Liebe Grüße aus Wien
Borislava von http://www.colourclub.at
OMG a pillow menu – I Need to go there!! 🙂
Deine Brille ist der Hammer!
Das hotel sieht wirklich toll aus. Da würde ich auch gerne mal ein paar Nächte verbringen. Du bist auch super hübsch. Das Bild mit den nassen Haaren finde ich richtig toll!
5,5 h Fahrt kommt mir etwas kurz vor von Wien ??
also wir sind beides Mal super durchgekommen (die Hinfahrt war ja in der Nacht) und haben in der Tat nur 5.5 Stunden gebraucht. Natürlich wurde dabei ein wenig auf’s Gas gedrückt 🙂
[…] Schladming back in January with some serious Winter wonderland perfection. Next up was the ultimate Summer getaway in Croatia, which literally stole my heart in so many ways, and then finally, Mike & I decided to take a […]
[…] Hotel schon testen und ich war schwer begeistert. Vicky hat auch einen Hotelbericht geschrieben, hier könnt ihr ihn nachlesen. Und lasst euch einfach verzaubern ; ) Warum immer weit wegfliegen, wenn […]