CRAVINGS: moroccan colors.
Today I am packing my suitcase for Marrakech, which is where I am heading first thing tomorrow morning for an exciting beauty shoot. The memories from my last trip to the Moroccan city are nothing but amazing and I can’t wait to be back in the city that is so different than anything we know here in Europe. Super busy, a bit dirty but so enchanting and magical at the same time. What struck me the most during my first visit to Marrakech were the incredible vibrant colors. Beautiful tiles, lots of spices, fabrics and more are pure inspiration – especially when it comes to dressing. I always like to take in a city and let it inspire my looks – or cravings for that matter. Which brings me to today’s post and some insight to the damage I have recently done to my credit card …
- Exclusive for Intermix bell sleeve top (on sale!): I bought this top in Dallas earlier this year and even though it definitely wasn’t exactly cheap, it was such a good buy! I have been loving it all summer and think this will be perfect for Marrakech since it is airy and summery without showing too much skin, considering the locals and their religious beliefs. Bonus points: it is currently marked down!
- Gucci GG Marmont mini velvet bag: This one is a bit frustrating … here is the thing, I shared this bag in July as a craving – what I didn’t tell you is that I ordered it 2 days later. Or so I thought. Totally overread the part about it being a pre-order with expected deliveries starting August 1st. Luckily that was only a week away from the order date, so I didn’t mind. Well, now we’re already well into September and the bag still hasn’t been shipped, yet a slightly smaller version is available at mytheresa. I really, really wanted to have the bag before our trip to Miami which is coming up in 10 days, so I am trying to refrain from just cancelling my order with Gucci directly and ordering this one from mytheresa. #firstworldproblems for sure!
- Samsoe Samsoe camisole top: This week I stocked upon 2 lace camis which are perfect for the current warm weather, but will also be great worn over a turtleneck or shirt in Fall. I opted for darker colors but think this light peachy hue would be amazing paired with the pink of the bag, right?
- River Island distressed denim skirt: I’ve been seeing friends and fellow bloggers rock denim skirts all summer and of course I decide to join the party when fall is just around the corner. Luckily, however, skirts also work great with tights and boots, so I went ahead and ordered this one today in the morning. Such a good deal for under 50€!
- Gucci jacquard Princetown slippers: And this, ladies and gentlemen is my moment of pride! I have been falling more and more for these slippers for the past few months and then, while I was cleaning up last night I found a 150€ gift card for Vestiaire Collective that I had been saving. Randomly I searched for the famous Gucci princetown slippers and came across these which had just been uploaded (they always sell out super quick – even second hand). Only worn once and well below the original price it was a no brainer. With my gift card ontop of that I ended up paying half of the regular price. Obviously they won’t arrive in time for Marrakech (and would probably cause slightly sweaty feet with the current temperatures there at around 40°C) but I think they will be absolutely amazing with a simple black outfit or oversized sweater and my Levi’s jeans. So excited about this purchase!!