Gift Guide: Interior
Aside from the fact that I spend every free minute of my time researching interior design ideas, home accessories and furniture for our new apartment, it is also the category that I currently spend most of my money on. That being said, I found it only fitting to create an entire gift guide for the home to share with you. If you (or your friends) are anything like me, home decor is always a great option when it comes to gift giving – no matter what budget you are working with. A decorative object, set of stylish coffee mugs or scented candle makes for a great smaller present, while chairs, framed prints or marble pieces are prefect to treat yourself (or someone you happen to like very much).
Want more gift ideas? Don’t miss my ultimate Gift Guide For Her.
My Top 5 Interior Gift Ideas:
- No matter how many scented candles I own, it is one of those things that I will never not love receiving (or giving). First of all, I love how closely scents are connected with our emotions, and secondly, it is something that you “use”. Not something that simply stands around, collecting dust. My favorite scents are anything citrus, coconut or cinnamon (ie. Cannelle by Diptyque for the holiday season) and for a guy (or couple) I love Bibliotheque by Byredo since
- If you know the person’s taste well enough, a framed print is a beautiful gift. If you want to make it even more personal, get a private snapshot printed in good quality and only purchase the frame.
- Another great interior gift idea is anything textile. Velvet pillows, a decorative throw (cashmere if you are extra fancy) for the sofa or even a rug (#FromMeToMe) are something I always like to include in my personal gift guide for the home.
- Fresh flowers are amongst my biggest weaknesses for the home. A vase filled with pretty blooms on the dining table or a tropical single leave in the bathroom add so much life to a home!
- …and if your loved ones appreciate a good glass of wine or fancy whiskey, you can never go wrong with stunning glassware + a bottle of bubbly! Of course, anything bar-related also makes for a great gift.
Think: ice bucket, cocktail shaker, marble coasters, …