The January Hot List
My problem with Winter in Vienna? My inner clock always gets tricked into thinking Winter ends after the holidays are over. Not the case. Quite the contrary, actually! The icy cold winds and slushy mix of snow and rain usually don’t make an appearance until January and February, lasting all the way into March. Needless to say, the only thing I am really craving at the moment is a plentiful dose of Vitamin D and a few extra freckles. While the February Winter escape is booked (halleluja!!), I am keeping busy by browsing the web for items that are semi-winter suitable but leave enough styling freedom to transition into Spring at some point. Think: Winter whites with a hint of cowboy.
- snake print scarf: things to keep your neck a little warmer during Winter are never a bad idea. While this is not a thick knit, is is a perfect piece for those slightly warmer days + makes for a great eye catcher.
- ribbed wool knit: my closet ist bursting with heavy knits, but I currently find myself craving thinner pieces that are just as warm (=wool) but easier to layer.
- white jeans: no white after labor day? Never! White works just as well in Winter as it does during the Summer heat.
- vintage Dior Saddle bag: it took me a full year of seeing this bag comeback into fashion to fall for it. But now I did and I want it. Bad!
- clear hoop earrings: statement earrings or layered necklaces are the best way to dress up any outfit.