Spring Fling: 5 trends I am loving this season
While fashion month is wrapping up in Paris this week, there are many new trends on the horizon to be inspired by. I am usually not big on trends since I believe in building a timeless, versatile wardrobe that can easily adapt to current trends without looking like you are trying too hard. I will pick up a trend here and there, but overall, I think it is much more valuable to invest in a style that is not defined by seasons. Having said that, a handful of trends have caught my attention and snuck their way into my recent looks.
These easy-to-attain Spring/Summer trends 2020 are worth taking a closer look at, if you ask me:
- vanilla ice cream: shades of beige and (yellow) pastels to match, all wrapped up in one big ice cream cone
- smart blazers, that look like you stole them from your guy. oversized styles, structured cuts and big shoulders are key when investing in blazers right now
- micro bags: while Bottega is bringing back the motto of “the bigger, the better”, I am still not over the 2019 trend of mini bags – especially when they are vintage
- dressed down: dresses worn over jeans are not only a trend to try this season, but also a perfect way to recycle wardrobe favorites, wear your summer dresses for transitional season and re-invent the way you style a feminine piece – not to mention that polka dots are making a comeback as a SS20 trend!
- (double) sweater weather is the best excuse to leave your warm coats at home and opt for a second sweater instead, which can be worn over blazers, denim jackets or simply layered with other knit pieces to keep your warm
Get The Look
*photos: The Street Vibe, Jeremy Möller & own