A Curated Wardrobe
Let’s face it, our motivation to get dressed in the morning has seen better days than in 2020. After weeks of lockdown and self-quarantine, chances are we have gotten a little too used to wearing sweats 24/7. Even though I am guilty of rocking my yoga tights long after the workout has ended, I am a firm believer in routine. I set the alarm and get dressed in the morning. At least Monday through Friday. However, that does not mean I show up to breakfast in a ball gown or spend my days at the desk in our home office sporting high heels. I believe in an impeccably curated, sustainable wardrobe. One, that will make you feel dressed and confident beyond certain occasions, seasons or even world crisis.
How To: The Curated Wardrobe
What makes a curated wardrobe just that? In my opinion it all comes down to a handful of items, that are your ultimate go-tos. Your feel-good sidekick, so to say. I love seasonal trends as inspiration, but at the end of the day, I always find myself going back to pieces that never go out of style. Blue, high-waisted denim that flatter a feminine silhouette. A classy tailored blazer becomes contemporary cool with an oversized fit. Pearls and golden hoops for a bit of glam. Or a black tanktop that can easily be transformed from a laidback daytime look to a fancy night out when you add heels.
For years, NET-A-PORTER has been a main source of inspiration when it comes to creating a curated wardrobe. I lost count of how many pairs of AGOLDE jeans I have bought from them, I recently splurged on this timeless yet super stylish tuxedo blazer and I could browse their accessory selection for hours.
Incredible fashion for incredible women.
Discover the latest fashion trends, street style looks and names to know via NET-A-PORTER.
A Take On Sustainable Fashion
We are, and have been, seeing a shift towards consciously crafted fashion and beauty products. Which is not only good but also necessary. One of my favorite ways to shop more sustainable is NET-SUSTAIN, an easy way to identify brands and products that are mindful of the planet.
To me personally, there is an additional dimension to sustainability. It is all about the way we build our wardrobe. Do we splurge on pieces we only wear once or do we try to invest in versatile, high-quality options that will still be our go-tos in a year or two? Wearing pieces longer and more makes them more sustainable in my opinion.
My Wardrobe Essentials
- denim, baby: I will never count how many pairs of jeans I own because I know the outcome will be a ridiculous number. Once a denim girl, always a denim girl. But what styles are worth investing? My no.1 choice is always a mid-blue high-waisted jean that is not too skinny, not too wide-legged.
- blazer: Everyone needs to own a black blazer that will get you anywhere from a morning coffee date to a fancy business dinner. If you already own the ultimate black (tuxedo) blazer, next up is one in a natural color palette (think: beige, muted khaki green, or brown) with an oversized cut. Want to change things up? Add a thin belt around the waist and skip the top underneath for sexy, evening attire.
- totally tank: Tank tops are my favorite layering pieces and build the base of almost every outfit. On warmer days, just a tank, jeans and lace-up sandals will do. When it gets cold, throw on a cardigan, add a blazer for the office or style it with a leather jacket to pull off the biker chick look.
- the black bag: Not too small, not too big. Gold hardware is always a good choice. You want a classy bag that will look good with a date-night-worthy outfit, but one that will actually fit your iPhone 11 (+ car keys).
- a bling thing: The lazy girl way of instantly taking an outfit to the next level? Just add bling! Hence, you will often spot me in the simplest looks, but I always feel dressed up the second I add earrings or a pretty necklace. My weak spot are pieces of jewellery that are delicate and modest, yet an eye-catcher. Pearl-drop earrings or golden hoops forever.
Shop the Curated Wardrobe
*in paid collaboration with NET-A-PORTER