BEAUTY TALK: travel buddies
Even though we just got back from our vacation about 3 weeks ago, in my mind I am already planning our next get-away. There are 2 amazing destinations on my 2014 to-do list, and I am determined to make both of those happen this year! Lots of you asked for more of my personal tips, especially when it comes to packing and planing a trip. Today I wanted to share some of my favorite beauty products when traveling to sunny destinations. Back in May of last year, during our trip to Dubai and the Maldives, I shared some of my favorite summer make-up products, but this post is more about taking care of your skin, hair, lips, … in the sun.
1. Besides the Baume Genereux by Diptyque, this hand cream with shea butter by l’Occitane is my absolute favorite. Due to the packaging in a tube, rather than a little pot, this is perfect to keep in your purse or beach bag.
2. Since I have eczema, my skin is pretty sensitive and I don’t do well with most sunscreens. For me personally, Banana Boat has been great! Plus the smell is amazing and instantly reminds me of sunshine and beaches.
3. With all the flying we did in January, my lips ended up being super dry and chapped from the airplane air. I acutally just recently (after our trip) discovered the Kiehl’s Lip Relief and have been obsessing over it! This is also great for frosty winter days.
4. If you’re in a really sunny place that is close to the Equator (like the Maldives), sunprotection is super important – especially for the face. My favorite go-to product is the Kiehl’s BB Cream, because not only does it cover slightly, but it also comes with SPF 50, which is perfect to keep that skin protected.
5. Some of you may remember THIS post about the Guhl “Farbglanz Braun” shampoo. Well, I’ve been using it regularly since December and am loving it so far. During winter I prefer my hair to be a nice, glossy brown and this shampoo definitely does the trick!
What are your “must-have” beauty products when it comes to traveling? I’d love to know!