CRAVINGS: the yoga affair.
For the past 2 weeks, I have started my Mondays with a 10am spinning class together with Kathi. The first time around was because we wanted to shoot our sporty Editor’s Pick in the according setting and give the new active wear a run for it’s money, aka 60 minutes of sweat on the bike. So technically, it was a work-related workout. However, it was such a great way to start the new week and skip the Monday blues, that we decided to do it again last week, followed by an early morning boxing class on Tuesday. This week, it’s just me here in Vienna, but I decided that 3 times was a charm. Just instead of spinning it will be yoga tomorrow morning.
I has taken me almost 3 years to realize that self-employment means skipping the office on a Monday morning in lieu of a good workout is ok. Just like a mid-week coffee date at 3pm is fine or a weekend trip that starts on a Thursday.
Why? Because self employment also means Sundays in front of the laptop (aka typing this post or working off my inbox), Saturdays in Milan away from the boyfriend and sofa, or late nights at events. At the end of the day, being self employed is incredible, but it is also a lot of hours. That’s why I have decided Monday mornings will be dedicated to working out from now on. After all, one of the biggest luxuries of working for yourself is the flexible hours and time management – I just have to remind myself to take advantage of it every once in a while.
Yoga Wear Inspiration: Yoga Outfit
- Free People Sports Bra: Currently, I am loving all sports bras with super thin straps. Obviously for a run or HIT workout, you’ll need thicker straps for extra support, but how pretty is this maroon top for a yoga class?
- Ban.Do Yoga Mat: I shared this yoga mat with you guys as a Christmas gift idea under 50€ back in December, and guess who got the mat for herself? Yours truly! I have been using this mat for the past few months and love it – such a fun message while working out.
- Live The Process printed leggings: Ahh these leggings. So pretty!
- Nike Performance yoga mat: I have a confession to make. I already own 3 different yoga mats. I am not quite sure why, but for some reason I have a thing for those mats. And I’ll just keep collecting them…
- Adidas by Stella McCartney ultra boost sneakers: Last year in March I got my first pair of Adidas boost sneakers and they are by far my favorite pair that I own. They’ve gotten quite a bit of wear this past year, so I am looking to add a new pair to my sneaker collection. Since the first pair is blue and pink, I think I’ll go for a more subtle black this time – thoughts?!