There is a new denim trend making it’s rounds around town: the wide leg jeans! Slowly but surely, over the past 3 months 3 separate pairs of the wide-legged denim have made their way into my closet. If you have been following along for a while, you’ll probably be aware of the deep appreciation I have for all things palazzo. Nothing beats an airy pair of pants on a hot summer day. But the denim version is new, even to me. It took me a while to warm up to the idea (literally, because denim is definitely not as airy as silk or satin) but I am fairly certain that it will be tough to get through this year’s fall without caving in on the new trend. Totally wearable and breezy, casual but also a little extra, flattering for most bodies and simply cool! Who’s with me?
Denim Trend: Wide Leg Jeans
After a pair of cropped Levi’s wide leg jeans and some ultra wide-legged denim from Frame, I spotted a version by Topshop (on sale!) that represents the current denim trend while paying tribute to button-down sweats, another big thing this year. While these pants work great with a casual sweater, it is simply too hot for anything sweat-related these days, so an airy blouse and summer slides had to do.
Styling Tips for Wide Leg Jeans:
- at the beach: a bikini top, barefoot + headband
- casual: a tucked band shirt, summer slides and a canvas shopper tote
- business: the same shirt + a boyfriend blazer or a silky blouse, also tucked, and a patterned blazer
- date night: a white shirt with a lace bra underneath, red lips, lots of jewellery and strappy heels (I can’t get enough of my Aquazzuras these days)
- girls night out: a tight body, hoop earrings & heels + a sequin clutch