CRAVINGS: patches and pins.
Earlier today, I received a newsletter with a subject line that read “#trendingnow patches and pins” and instantly I found myself clicking through to see what they had in store for me. Patches and pins – obviously. Inspired by the whole newsletter and microsite dedicated to a trend that will always remind me of my sister’s girl scouts vest, I decided to browse a bit more. I have to admit, I am loving the whole patches and pins look at the moment. Especially when paired with a simple shirt or other closet basics, these pieces can really make the look something special. And if you don’t want it to be something permanent, then just go for the d.i.y. version with some removable pins or patches that can be sewn on by hand. Easy enough, right?
- Topshop embroidered jeans: I recently spotted these jeans on Michele of The Fashion Fraction and absolutely loved them – especially when worn with a super basic top and slippers.
- MANGO t-shirt with patches: How cute are the patches on this shirt? It also comes in white and is a great affordable option to give the whole patches and pins trend a try without spending a fortune.
- Kate Spade New York key chain: Admittedly, this little fellow falls neither into the category of patches nor of pins, but I found it while searching for those and thought it was too cute. Would love this for my keys!
- Gucci Dionysus bag with patches: Ok, I don’t think I would ever spend a couple months’ rent on a bag with patches, but seriously, how cool is it? Imagine this with an oversize white Anine Bing shirt and those Levi’s 501ct jeans … a great statement piece to complete the look.
- MANGO d.i.y. patches: For everyone who wants to decorate a shirt, military jacket or pair of jeans – these are perfect!
trend patche and pins