About 2 weeks ago I was asked if I wanted to test the new “Lumea Precision Plus“, an IPL (intense pulsed light) system by Philips, which promises long-term hair removal and is available as of September 2012. Now, this may seem a bit off topic, but I think just like clothes, hair and make-up, propper grooming is also part of fashion and caring about ones appearance.
I am not a big fan of razors, and have been using an epilator for about 3 years now (like THIS one). I simply feel like it lasts longer and the hair gets thinner and softer – and I’ve also gotten my mommy dearest hooked & gave her one for christmas last year :)
Anyways, so I am pretty excited about this opportunity to test the new Lumea for you guys. Here are a few hard facts about the product:
– prior to using it the first time, the areas of use should be shaved (kind of a plus, in comparisson to waxing, since you don’t need to grow out the hair … hello leg fur!)
– it comes with 2 seperate filters, one for the lower body (such as legs) and one for facial hair and more sensitive areas.
– the model has a “slide & flash”-mode, which does not require you to reposition the tool before every flash – you can simply slide it along the legs.
– it comes with an integrated UV-filter, to protect the skin and has 5 different intensities for different skin colors.
– also it comes with a charger and does not need to be hooked to electricity while using it.
Now obviously this needs to be tested over a longer period of time, but after my first try I can tell you this much: It does not hurt one bit!! The light flash is a bit bright and it feels the slightest bit “warm” on your skin, but barely even noticable. You do have to calculate in a bit of time, since especially the legs can take a while (or maybe it was just because it was my first time using it). But I will be sure to keep you guys updated and tell you about the results in a few months.
Do any of you guys have experience with IPL? What are your thoughts??
**brought to you via Glam