CRAVINGS: under the Christmas tree.
I have to admit, it has been a bit quiet here on the blog since Tuesday. That is because, like most other people, I have decided to stay away from my laptop for Christmas and did all those things I never have time for during the year. Slept in ’til 10 every day, had lazy breakfast with the family until noon, took long walks in the freezing cold, warmed up with coffee and cookies, drank too much wine at dinner and of course, ate way too much. Holiday perfection, right? We had a wonderful Christmas Eve last night and today I woke up craving a good workout and a little time spent with my blog, aka you guys. I love the fact that taking a few days off actually makes me miss the blog. I guess that is a good sign after almost 7 years of blogging. It shows me I still love what I do! Before I get back into my outfits and other posts this week, I wanted to make use of today’s Sunday Cravings to share some of my favorite Christmas presents that were under the tree last year. The older I get, the more Christmas is more about the time spent with loved ones than presents, but a few pretty things under the tree are simply part of the game and I couldn’t be happier with my new goodies!
- Smeg chrome toaster: This was the only thing I really wished for from my parents this year. While I don’t have the slightest problem spending 200€ on shoes, I simply can’t get myself to spend 150€ on a toaster. When my best friend recently added this chrome beauty to her kitchen, I suddenly had the urge to upgrade our old toaster oven. Luckily my parents helped out a bit and I can’t wait to get this thing into the kitchen when we go back to Vienna in a week.
- Aquazzura flats: “To me, from me!” is what these flats are all about. The Net-A-Porter sale started a few days ago and I couldn’t leave these babes behind at -50%. They are supposed to arrive in 2 days and even though the weather won’t allow me to wear them anytime soon, I’ll be busy drooling over them. I mean, velvet and little beaded bees…♥
- Champagne cooler: My siblings got Mike and myself this huuuge champagne cooler for our rooftop in the summer. We all love to spend our evenings out there with a bit of bubbly, so this really couldn’t be a more perfect present! Can you just imagine how cool this will look filled with tons of ice and a few bottles of bubbly for our next party?
- Acne Studios scarf: A black wool scarf is one of those things that will probably never go out of style and crazy Kathi decided to go all out this year for my present and spoiled me with the iconic Acne Studios scarf.
- ANNA I.J. bracelet: Technically, I also got this for myself, but I also got it for my sister and brother as well. The customized bracelet reads “team V.R.L.” (for our initials) and we each have one on our wrists now. For the past few years, we all used to live in Vienna and spent a lot of time together. Unfortunately, my sister moved to Berlin in August and my brother to Munich in September, then left for Australia in November. We don’t see each other all the time anymore, but our bond is just as strong as ever. And with these bracelets we’re always reminded of each other – no matter where in the world we are!