CRAVINGS: autumn staples.
Mid-September always means one thing: Fall is coming. The nights are getting cooler, there is more rain and we start craving knits and layers again. As sad as I am to see summer go, outfits like this one do have me a tiny bit excited about dressing for a new season. Since so many of you commented on the sweater I wore in Friday’s look, I wanted to share my personal autumn staples and fall fashion trends with you today. I love building a seasonal wardrobe on certain trends but also keeping things timeless and versatile. Be sure to keep an eye out for prairie ruffles, amazing sleeves, velvet and opulent brocade fabrics as well as florals for this year’s fall trends 2016. But don’t mix them all and dress things down with simple denim, chunky knits or a black leather jacket.
- Gucci quilted leather bag: I am almost a bit embarrassed by the fact that all of my recent cravings seem to include a Gucci bag of some sort. Talk about basic b**ch. However, they’ve literally just been hitting it spot on and I love this little quilted bag – can you imagine how great it would look with the turtleneck? So simple but so good!
- Drykorn sweater: I picked this sweater for my first autumn look. I instantly liked it when I saw it online but had no idea how amazing it would be in real life! Fairly sure I’ll be living in this knit all fall…
- Self-Portrait blouse: This season is all about prairie ruffles, pretty sleeves and lace accents. Good thing this blouse combines all 3. I’ve always been a fan of the Self-Portrait dresses but by the looks of it the blouses are just as stunning, right?
- Topshop skinny jeans: With rich fabrics and patterns, it is important to bring a bit of balance to a look with simpler key pieces like a great pair of skinny jeans. A timeless blue denim that’ll stick with you all year – no matter what season!
- Miu Miu ballet flats: I recently got these slippers with a floral/brocade pattern and love the special touch they instantly add to any look. Such a good way to make a simple look pop! And I feel that these Miu Miu ballet flats definitely work the same.
- Aquazzura suede platform heels: Over the past year, Aquazzura has become my favorite shoe brand. The heels are not only really beautiful but also comfortable (well, as comfortable as heels get). I can walk in them and I think they are always flattering! These suede platforms would instantly take this whole cravings-ensemble from daytime to night.