A while ago Sophie showed me a workout that works the entire lower part of your body and even some abs and arms as well. I have yet to do the workout without being majorly sore in my booty the next day. But at least it is a sign that I am working new muscles :) Since this can also be done at home (all you need is a set of weights or filled water bottles) I thought some of you might like it. It is basically just lunges with extra weight added to make them more difficult.
Start out like the picture on the left and finish like the picture on the right with your knee about an inch (2 cm) above the ground. Push yourself up and go back to the starting position. Repeat 15x per leg – switch legs – do 3 sets of 15 reps on each side. YOU WILL BE SORE, guaranteed :)
Here are some pointers:
– I use 8kg weights on each side (16kg total). When I first started this exercise I used 7kg, I am trying to work up to 10kg on each side.
– Try to keep good posture. Straight back & tummy sucked in. Keep your shoulders low and as relaxed as possible.
– Keep your knee behind your toes … otherwise you’re putting too much pressure on your knee.
– The further you move your feet apart, the harder the exercise gets.
– Try to do both legs right after each other (15 on the right, switch and continue with 15 reps on the left right away) and then take a break between the sets if you need to.
– If you want to do this at home and don’t have weight just fill up big water bottles with water or sand. It won’t total up to 8kg, but it is certainly better than nothing.
Let me know if you guys try it and how you feel the next day :)